Image Map

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Yellow Chevron Joy, People!

This food blog has been temporarily interrupted for a moment of sharing.  Every year for Christmas I am blessed to receive some monetary gifts.  This year I have been SUPER careful, keeping an updated tally of what I've spent on my phone calculator at all times (because, lets be honest, sometimes you just need to go to T.J. Maxx.  Hear me?!?!?!).  So because of this obsessive extremely careful budgeting I was able to purchase this little guy from etsy.
{happy happy!  joy joy!!}

You're probably wondering what the big deal is, really.  For example -"why is there a post singularly dedicated to this one bag?"  Or, perhaps you're thinking, "why does B need a spiffy bag for her camera?"

The answer is simple.  I have waited TWO YEARS for this bag.  TWO YEARS PEOPLE!  *insert fist shake of justice here*  This is an example of severe patience on my behalf.  NEVER do I wait for something for TWO YEARS (besides my engagement ring and the still to be determined children that will hopefully someday grace our lives).  It's amazing.  It's remarkable.  And if you know me, you'd know that too.  

So now comes the part where I tell you about how I found this little beauty.  Ready?  

After obsessive careful and specific googling I was frustrated with my results popping up mass produced itchy looking bags.  My next step was etsy.  I'd never used it before, so it wasn't my first go-to.  Now, after using it many times it's my FAVE place to order goodies.  So anyway -I was searching and was immediately gratified by HUNDREDS of results.  After browsing, a maker kept popping out to me.  Xcess Rize Designs had SO many choices.  First I wanted the pink one, then I wanted the green one, then I wanted the paisley one, and on and on and on.  Thank goodness I had to wait because I finally was able to choose.
Yellow chevron happiness it was.  Jackie, the shop owner, did an amazing job!  No extra strings hanging anywhere, and it was shipped and received with no problems.  As an added bonus, her business card (besides being the nicest one I've ever touched) states, "life is too short to carry an ugly bag...."  Girl -you hear my heart!  AMEN!

So now I am equipped with an amazingly SAFE and stellarly cute camera bag.  And now that I have a stellarly cute camera bag maybe it'll seep into my photos and then create stellar photos, too!  Heh.... One can hope.

Happy cooking, friends!


 photo ZENSIGNATURE_zps260858b5.png

No comments:

Post a Comment