Image Map

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Every year when Valentines day rolls around TMV and I sit down with our calendars and pick our alternative V-Day date night.  Which ultimately means that my super girly romantic self is never with-date on the actual V-Day.  While I CAN hear you saying, "aww" don't worry -I've come up with a solution over the past four years of our married life that I believe ultimately serves a better purpose than chocolates and roses (although I do have to say that when the alternative V-Day date rolls around TMV is a 5-star date planner.  :)  Not to rub it in, or anything....).  Here is my go to V-Day ritual: I focus on the opportunity this love based holiday has granted me and reflect on how much love I have going on in my life.  To take a minute or ten and be GRATEFUL.

So here are some pictures so that you can have some bonus joy in your day.  :)  These faces sure bring me lots of joy, so why not share them, among the skimming of the jug of things that make me thankful for my life.

First and foremost I am thankful for TMV.  For everything he does, and everything he sacrifices.  
No matter how hard it is right now, I can't wait to see what life brings us in the future because of all of this hard work.  Also -isn't he handsome in his geekyness???  *cough*













swoon













Second I am thankful for the people in my life that helped make me who I am today.  Of course that includes these wonderful people...
Mom and Seester


OGO and Seester












And tons of other wonderful people that I don't actually have pictures of/with....  Added THAT to my list of MUST do's.  :)





My handsome NEWPHEW!  I can't wait -I get to meet him for the FIRST TIME in just over a week (I had the plague when he was born, so I've TOTALLY missed out -seeing everyone ELSE post photos of him has been a total bummer).  :)  My excitement overflowith.  Be ready to see a gazillion photos.  Truly -a gazillion.




Munchkins like this little scooter (who is supposedly now practicing her walking instead of her walk-face planting....)



And like these cheerful kiddos who are always the first to blow kisses via Skype (that I am SO thankful for).  Miss their snuggles!





And last but certainly last but not least........


Friendship.  No matter the distance (and no -no picture for this one.  Too many specials in my life to pick JUST ONE.  So you'll have to be creative.  Don't worry -I have faith in you!).


So this Valentines Day is for you.  I am so grateful to have you in my heart.  :)


-XO-
ME!



No comments:

Post a Comment