Image Map

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

So originally this was designed to be the second post in my Love <3 Gratitude series, but since I'm patiently awaiting a photograph of my precious nephew, I suppose the furbabies will have to come first.  And I'm ok with that.  :)  The are MY babies, after all.

So this sweet furry love came to me when TMV moved to pursue his doctoral degree.  I was desperately lonely despite all of the wonderful humans I had surrounding me.  Sometimes the only way to fill your partner's void is to fill it with a warm fuzzy that doesn't (verbally) have an opinion (because she's otherwise very full of them!).

So this Valentines day I am full of love for my Daphnie.  She answers to: Daphnie, Daphnie Cat, Doodle, and Mrroowwww (specifically late at night when she can't figure out where everyone has gone), and who has shown me grace (and where to pet her) in some of my lowest times.

I am also full of love and gratitude for the place in my heart this wooly little bear.  She came to us when TMV's musical travels left me lonely and fearful in our beautiful little home.  We decided it was time for something snuggily and equally scary (she's 35 lbs and sounds like she's 110lbs) for those snowy winter days that allowed the hoodlums linger too long in our yard.

Since coming to us she's taught me patience, shown me undying optimism and love (because the sound of the treat bag is awesome and increases doggy love), and has completely stolen my heart against any other breed in the world.  While she may not be perfectly house broken (at age 6...apparently it's a breed thing....) and LOVES to snack on kitty litter she is always the first one to greet me upon my arrival to our (Saphira protected) beautiful home.

This Valentines Day I am full of love and gratitude for my Saphira, who also goes by: Saphira-Face (thank you Haleigh...), STOP IT!, lay down, Foozle, and Little Bear.
{apologies for the blur.  she was VERY excited about the snow!}

















So my sweet furbabies, I am grateful for all of the lessons you have taught me and moments that you have seen past my humanity to love me with every little furry fiber of your beings.  You are equally loved in return.

Love, 
the mammah.

No comments:

Post a Comment