Image Map

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

This is a food blog. Right?

Hi there!

Welcome to my food blog.  Grab a cookie, a mug of tea (ok ok ok...I GUESS it's okay if you drink coffee...), and have a seat!  Here on this blog of foodiness I want to talk to you about something really important to me.  Are you ready?  I can't tell if you're ready or not seeing as this computer screen isn't two-way.  You'll have to decide for yourself....

I want to talk to you about food.

Those of you who know me (in my real life...where I'm human...*cough*) know that there are many things that I am passionate about, and food -yep -food is definitely one of them (if you don't know me yet, don't worry!  That's why were here!)  But you know, I have an interesting relationship with food.  Food has the power to lift me up, but for me food also has the negative flip side (you know the one -it calls to you after you have eaten your third cookie.  Sound familiar??).

After being ill for quite some time this winter (we're talking a month here, friends!), I can feel my body waking back up.  It's asking for nutrients -protein, oils, vitamins, and fibers.  And the beautiful part about that is my brain responding with solutions like, "lets add some black beans to that" and "I don't need to run to the store for 'whole wheat bread'; I have everything I need here," and, "hey Kelly, how do I join the co-op?  I need some quinoa flower for these tortillas I'm making."

And that is why I am here, writing this introductory post to you (my faithful and loyal readers...hi, Mommah!) at midnight-30.  I am here to talk to you about food, and how it's changing my life for the better.  As a chronic Weight Watchers joiner, I am here to tell you that my life is better with real and whole foods, and to share with you the joy that preparing them brings to me. 

What is even more important about this journey is that you'll probably spit some tea (ok ok ok!  Or that coffee your drinking...) onto the keyboard because this lady loves to laugh at herself, tell stories, and include everyone in the experience of living.

So if that sounds good to you, then you should get out your pots and pans, food processors, and trashy romantic novels, and enjoy that cookie.  We've got some cookin' to do!  ;)

-XO-

B.

No comments:

Post a Comment