Image Map

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Sooo..."the zen cookie"? Why?

Hi!  Welcome back!

I'd like to share with you the birth story of "the zen cookie...gets real."  No gory details, I promise!  Just  a little humor and insight.  :)

Haha (laughing just thinking about it...this is also why I'm bad at telling jokes...)!  I was speaking to a friend the other evening, whilst cooking away joyfully, about the humor that is inherent in the name of this blogging adventure.  This blog name was suggested to me, and after laughing hysterically I thought, "yeah, actually -that sounds awesome!"  Here's why.

First, I have something to confess.... I'm not zen.  I'm WAY not zen -I'm...well, I'm not in general.  :)  I'm excitable, enthusiastic, and loud about everything.  This is how I choose to live my life.  Being Briana brings me joy, and I LIKE THAT!  If you're curious if I'm ABLE to be calm and still the answer is yes, also when I choose to be.  I'm sure that this blogging process will expose my inner zen, but I like feeling excited and passionate -it allows me to express how and what I'm feeling most accurately.

Second -I LOVE cookies (this statement was intended to show excitement, therefore accurately expressing my love for cookies.  Did you get that?)!  I love to eat them mostly, but I do enjoy baking them.  I prefer them to be crunchy instead of raw-like in the center.  Sorry, y'all -I'm not a gooey cookie kinda gal.  Makes me wonder what I'm eating....  Just sayin'...

Third -this is a blog about getting and being real.  Real food, and real sass.  You read that right.  I said SASS.  Because I'm SASSY!  *snap snap*

And there you have it, folks.  "the zen cookie...gets real" birth story.  The humor in this, to me, is part of the fun.  I want you to imagine me calmly mixing up a batch of...whatever.  CALMLY.  See -I can't help but giggle.  Because to me, I'm wearing flour, listening to Bach (don't judge!), and skipping around my kitchen.  I'd love to hear your visions.  Ohh -I wonder if even some of them will be zen.  HA!  A girl can hope!

Maybe tomorrow I'll whip up a batch of celebratory cookies...on the crunchy side, of course.  :)

-XO-
B.



No comments:

Post a Comment