Image Map

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Snack Time Healing

The past six weeks have been wild for me.  Not in the normal twenty-something sense, but in honest-to-goodness real-life wild.  I've been through bad news and excellent news (did I mention I have a new nephew??), and have had the past six weeks to reflect upon them, as I continue to wait.  Today is another day like the ones before it, and as I sat eating my fabulous snack I began to feel myself thinking better.  Becoming better. Becoming a little bit more of myself.  Counting my amazing blessings.

I know every health person on the face of the planet is going to disagree with my next statement.  If you happen to be a health person and agree with my following statement, please let me know.  We'll need to be friends.

Here it is....*drumm roll*  Are you just fraught with anticipation?

I am healing through food.

Yep -I said it.  Not the gorge-yourself-on-slurpees-and-twix (which I TOTALLY did six weeks ago.  That's right -go right on ahead and judge me.  I don't care) way, but the peacefully-meditative-knead-you-bread and plan-your-menu kind of way.

To me, this feels like yoga for my soul (something else I'm catching up on -yoga!), and the beauty of this experience is that I don't feel like I'm sacrificing anything to bake, photograph, share, then eat!

I'm sure some of you would have wonderful suggestions about how I can heal/manage/whatever because you care about me.  But...thanks but no thanks!  I've got this one.  And it tastes and feels wonderful.  I definitely consider this to be one of my many blessings.

Love,
ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment